|1/8″ 1/4″NPT In-line Pipe Thread Plastic Disconnect Fluid Quick Connect Shut Off Threaded Couplings
|Standard flow quick-disconnect couplings require a body and an insert in the same flow size. Plug insert into body to connect fitting and easily disconnect the fitting by simply press the thumb latch.
|medical devices, laboratory, life science, biopharmaceutical, biochemical analysis, bioengineering, circulating water cooling pipe system, water treatment and disinfection, food&beverage, packaging machinery, industrial and hundreds of other applications;
|Seal Ring Material
|Buna-N/FKM/EPDM/Silicone rubber, depend on your usage
|316 Stainless Steel
|32°F – 180°F (0°C – 82°C)
|Vacuum to 100 psi, 6.9bar
|Valved(shut off) or Non-valved (straight through)
|Panel Mount/In-line/Elbow/NPT Threaded;
|Hose Barb Size
|1/16″ =1.6mm (01); 1/8″= 3.2mm (02); 3/16″= 4.8mm (03);
1/4″=6.4mm (04); 5/16″=8mm (05); 3/8″=9.6mm (06);
|1/8″-27NPT, 1/4″-18NPT Male Thread
1/4″ Flow rate, 1/4″(6.4mm), 5/16″(7.9mm), 3/8″(9.5mm) Hose Barb Coupling Insert
Related Products You May Like
1/4″ Flow Rate All Plastic Series Couplings
1/8″ Flow Rate Medium Series Couplings
1/16″ Flow Rate Small Series Couplings
Q1: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A1: We are 15 years factory. Welcome to visit our factory.
Q2:What is your sample policy?
1. Only for terminal manufacturer;
2. Please kindly provide detail information of company for sample application process. Sample is available after confirmed and approved by management;
3.The international freight cost should be paid by the applicant;
Q3:What is your terms of payment?
A3: 100% payment before delivery; T/T 50% as deposit when mass customization, the balance before shipment.
Q4: How about your delivery time?
A4: Generally, it will take about 7-15 days after payment confirmed. The specific delivery time depends on the items and the ordered quantity .
Q5:What’s the shipping way?
A5: Usually by DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx express or as your request.
Q6: Can you produce according to the samples?
A6: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We accept ODM & OEM.
Packaging & Shipping
Our company has specialized in researchs and developments, designs, manufactures, promotes and sales of a variety of plastic fittings, plastic connectors,quick disconnect couplings, check valves, filters, CHINAMFG pumps, solenoid valves,plastic tubings and other accessories applied in fluid systems. Our products are widely used in all kinds of products, machinery,devices and process of liquid and gas pipe system, In the life sciences and special industrial markets have thousands of applications to be used, Such as blood pressure, blood oxygen monitoring module and blood gas recovery equipment, biochemical analysis/inspection equipment, dialysis water treatment equipment, treatment and reuse equipment, breathing anesthesia, incubator, bioengineering and circulating water cooling pipe system, solvent printer, inkjet printer,film printer and ink supply system, water quality online analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, food machinery, fermentation system process equipment, plating equipment, PCB&LCD process equipment, chemical equipment, packaging machinery, water treatment and disinfection equipment, inflatable products, automation equipment…And so on.
Depending on the 15-years experience in various fluidic control systems, our company has had a set of comprehensive manufacturing systems involving in R&D and design, mold manufacture, plastic injection, assembly & inspection, finished-product sales and warehousing logistics. It has many advantages of stable quality, efficient production and punctual delivery, which can be said a trustworthy partner.
Following different requirements from wider customers, including drawings or samples offering, our company can offer satisfied design services and mass customized services.
We’re looking forwards to cooperating with a wide range of OEMs and ODMs.
How does a Fluid Coupling Handle Shock Loads and Torsional Vibrations?
Fluid couplings are designed to handle shock loads and torsional vibrations in power transmission systems due to their unique operating principle:
- Shock Load Handling: When a sudden or high-impact load is applied to the output shaft, the fluid coupling allows a certain degree of slippage between the impeller and the runner. This slippage acts as a buffer, absorbing the shock and protecting the connected machinery from abrupt torque changes. As a result, fluid couplings are effective at preventing damage to the drivetrain and other components during abrupt starts and stops.
- Torsional Vibration Damping: Torsional vibrations can occur in rotating systems, leading to harmful vibrations that can affect the overall stability and performance of the machinery. Fluid couplings help dampen these torsional vibrations by providing a smooth and controlled power transmission. The hydraulic fluid inside the coupling acts as a viscous damper, absorbing and dissipating the energy of torsional vibrations, thus reducing the impact on the connected equipment.
By effectively managing shock loads and torsional vibrations, fluid couplings contribute to improved reliability and reduced wear and tear on the machinery, leading to longer equipment life and enhanced overall performance.
Safety Features in Modern Fluid Coupling Designs
Modern fluid coupling designs incorporate various safety features to ensure the reliable and secure operation of the equipment. Here are some of the key safety features commonly found in modern fluid couplings:
1. Overload Protection: One of the primary safety features in modern fluid couplings is overload protection. In the event of an abrupt increase in load or torque, the fluid coupling slips, absorbing the excess torque and preventing damage to the connected equipment. This feature safeguards against mechanical failures and protects the machinery.
2. Torque Limiting: Fluid couplings are designed with torque limiting capabilities, which allow them to control the maximum torque transmitted to the driven equipment. By setting the torque limit within a safe operating range, the fluid coupling prevents excessive stresses on the system, ensuring longevity and reliability.
3. Automatic Overheat Protection: Some fluid couplings are equipped with automatic overheat protection mechanisms. If the fluid coupling’s operating temperature exceeds a predefined threshold, the protection system disengages the coupling temporarily until the temperature returns to a safe level. This prevents damage due to overheating and enhances safety.
4. Backstop or Holdback Device: In certain applications where reverse rotation is a concern, fluid couplings may include a backstop or holdback device. This feature prevents the driven equipment from rotating in the opposite direction, enhancing safety during sudden stops or reversals.
5. Fail-Safe Operation: Many modern fluid couplings are designed to operate in a fail-safe manner. In the event of any malfunction or failure, the coupling defaults to a safe mode, allowing the equipment to continue operating at reduced capacity or gradually shut down, avoiding catastrophic failures.
6. Seal Protection: Proper sealing is crucial for fluid couplings, especially in harsh environments. Modern designs often include advanced seal protection features to prevent oil leakage and contamination, ensuring environmental safety and reducing maintenance requirements.
7. Low Noise and Vibration: Reduced noise and vibration levels in fluid couplings contribute to operator safety and comfort. The damping properties of the fluid coupling help minimize vibrations, creating a quieter and more stable working environment.
8. Emergency Stop Capability: Some fluid couplings may have emergency stop provisions to quickly disengage the coupling in critical situations. This feature allows for rapid shutdowns in emergencies, preventing accidents and protecting personnel.
9. Condition Monitoring: Advanced fluid coupling designs may include condition monitoring capabilities. This allows operators to monitor the coupling’s performance, temperature, and other parameters in real-time, facilitating predictive maintenance and avoiding unexpected failures.
Overall, the incorporation of these safety features in modern fluid coupling designs ensures the protection of machinery, operators, and the surrounding environment. These safety measures enhance the reliability, efficiency, and longevity of equipment, making fluid couplings a safe and valuable choice for power transmission in various industrial applications.
Safety Considerations when Working with Fluid Couplings
Fluid couplings are essential components in various industrial applications, and it’s essential to follow safety guidelines when working with them. Here are some safety considerations:
- Lockout-Tagout (LOTO): Before performing any maintenance or repair work on a fluid coupling, ensure that the equipment is properly shut down and that the energy sources are locked out and tagged out. This prevents accidental startup and protects personnel from potential hazards.
- Fluid Containment: When draining or replacing the fluid in a fluid coupling, use appropriate containers to collect and contain the fluid. Avoid spills, as some coupling fluids may be hazardous.
- High Temperatures: Fluid couplings can reach high temperatures during operation. Allow sufficient cooling time before handling or inspecting the coupling to avoid burns or injuries.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Wear appropriate PPE, such as gloves and eye protection, when working with fluid couplings to protect against potential splashes or contact with hot surfaces.
- Manufacturer Recommendations: Follow the safety guidelines and instructions provided by the fluid coupling manufacturer for installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Proper Tools: Use the correct tools and equipment for maintenance and assembly tasks to prevent damage to the fluid coupling and ensure safe working conditions.
- Training: Ensure that personnel working with fluid couplings are adequately trained in their proper use, maintenance, and safety procedures.
- Inspections: Regularly inspect the fluid coupling for any signs of wear, leaks, or abnormalities that could pose safety risks. Address any issues promptly.
- Hot Work: Avoid performing hot work (e.g., welding, cutting) in the vicinity of fluid couplings, as the high-temperature fluids and components may present a fire hazard.
- Consult Experts: If in doubt or facing complex issues with fluid couplings, consult qualified experts or the manufacturer for guidance.
Adhering to these safety considerations will help minimize risks and ensure a safe working environment when dealing with fluid couplings.
editor by CX 2023-10-05