|Plastic Barbed Tubing Joint Female Quick Connect Fittings Quick Panel Mount Medical Fluid Control Release Coupling
|Standard flow quick-disconnect couplings require a body and an insert in the same flow size. Plug insert into body to connect fitting and easily disconnect the fitting by simply press the thumb latch.
|medical devices, laboratory, life science, biopharmaceutical, biochemical analysis, bioengineering, circulating water cooling pipe system, water treatment and disinfection, food&beverage, packaging machinery, industrial and hundreds of other applications;
|Seal Ring Material
|Buna-N/FKM/EPDM/Silicone rubber, depend on your usage
|316 Stainless Steel
|32°F – 180°F (0°C – 82°C)
|Vacuum to 100 psi, 6.9bar
|Valved(shut off) or Non-valved (straight through)
|Panel Mount/In-line/Elbow/NPT Threaded;
|Hose Barb Size
|1/16″ =1.6mm (01); 1/8″= 3.2mm (02); 3/16″= 4.8mm (03);
1/4″=6.4mm (04); 5/16″=8mm (05); 3/8″=9.6mm (06);
|1/8″-27NPT, 1/4″-18NPT Male Thread
1/4″ Flow rate, 1/4″(6.4mm), 5/16″(7.9mm), 3/8″(9.5mm)Hose Barb Coupling Female Body
Related Products You May Like
1/4″ Flow Rate Large Series Couplings
1/8″ Flow Rate Medium Series Couplings
1/16″ Flow Rate Small Series Couplings
Q1: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A1: We are 15 years factory. Welcome to visit our factory.
Q2:What is your sample policy?
1. Only for terminal manufacturer;
2. Please kindly provide detail information of company for sample application process. Sample is available after confirmed and approved by management;
3.The international freight cost should be paid by the applicant;
Q3:What is your terms of payment?
A3: 100% payment before delivery; T/T 50% as deposit when mass customization, the balance before shipment.
Q4: How about your delivery time?
A4: Generally, it will take about 7-15 days after payment confirmed. The specific delivery time depends on the items and the ordered quantity .
Q5:What’s the shipping way?
A5: Usually by DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx express or as your request.
Q6: Can you produce according to the samples?
A6: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We accept ODM & OEM.
How does a Fluid Coupling Handle Shock Loads and Torsional Vibrations?
Fluid couplings are designed to handle shock loads and torsional vibrations in power transmission systems due to their unique operating principle:
- Shock Load Handling: When a sudden or high-impact load is applied to the output shaft, the fluid coupling allows a certain degree of slippage between the impeller and the runner. This slippage acts as a buffer, absorbing the shock and protecting the connected machinery from abrupt torque changes. As a result, fluid couplings are effective at preventing damage to the drivetrain and other components during abrupt starts and stops.
- Torsional Vibration Damping: Torsional vibrations can occur in rotating systems, leading to harmful vibrations that can affect the overall stability and performance of the machinery. Fluid couplings help dampen these torsional vibrations by providing a smooth and controlled power transmission. The hydraulic fluid inside the coupling acts as a viscous damper, absorbing and dissipating the energy of torsional vibrations, thus reducing the impact on the connected equipment.
By effectively managing shock loads and torsional vibrations, fluid couplings contribute to improved reliability and reduced wear and tear on the machinery, leading to longer equipment life and enhanced overall performance.
Contribution of Fluid Coupling to the Overall Efficiency of a Mechanical System
A fluid coupling plays a crucial role in improving the overall efficiency of a mechanical system, especially in applications where smooth power transmission, soft-starting, and torque control are essential. Here’s how a fluid coupling contributes to system efficiency:
1. Smooth Power Transmission:
Fluid couplings provide a smooth and gradual transfer of power from the driving to the driven machinery. The absence of direct mechanical contact between the input and output shafts reduces shock loads and vibrations, leading to less wear and tear on the connected equipment. This smooth power transmission results in increased system efficiency and reduced downtime.
2. Soft-Start Capability:
Fluid couplings offer soft-starting functionality, which is particularly beneficial for high-inertia or heavy-load applications. During startup, the fluid coupling allows the input shaft to gradually accelerate the output shaft, preventing sudden jerks or torque spikes. Soft-starting not only protects the mechanical components but also reduces energy consumption during the starting phase, contributing to overall efficiency.
3. Torque Control:
Fluid couplings enable precise control over the torque transmitted between the driving and driven machinery. By adjusting the fill level or using variable speed couplings, the torque output can be fine-tuned to match the requirements of the application. This feature ensures optimal performance and energy efficiency, especially in systems where torque demand varies during operation.
4. Overload Protection:
In case of sudden overloads or jamming of the driven machinery, the fluid coupling acts as a torque limiter. It will slip and absorb excess torque, protecting the mechanical system from damage. This overload protection not only safeguards the equipment but also contributes to the longevity and efficiency of the entire system.
5. Heat Dissipation:
Fluid couplings can absorb and dissipate heat generated during continuous operations. This heat dissipation capability prevents the system from overheating, ensuring consistent performance and avoiding thermal damage to the machinery. By maintaining proper operating temperatures, the fluid coupling aids in improving overall efficiency.
6. Energy Savings:
With its ability to reduce shock loads and provide smooth acceleration, a fluid coupling can help save energy during starting and stopping cycles. The elimination of mechanical shocks and vibrations reduces energy losses, resulting in higher overall energy efficiency.
In summary, a fluid coupling enhances the overall efficiency of a mechanical system by providing smooth power transmission, soft-start capability, precise torque control, overload protection, heat dissipation, and energy savings. Its contributions to reduced wear and tear, energy-efficient operations, and enhanced equipment lifespan make it a valuable component in various industrial applications.
Applications of Fluid Couplings in Industrial Machinery
Fluid couplings are widely used in various industrial machinery and equipment due to their unique characteristics and benefits. Some common applications include:
- Conveyors: Fluid couplings are used in conveyor systems to provide smooth start-ups and overload protection. They help in preventing damage to the conveyor belts and equipment during sudden starts and stops.
- Pumps: Fluid couplings are employed in pumps to control the acceleration and deceleration of the pump impeller. This ensures a gradual and controlled flow of fluids, reducing water hammer and pressure surges.
- Fans: Industrial fans often use fluid couplings to regulate fan speed and avoid abrupt changes in airflow, which can cause mechanical stress and system instability.
- Mining Equipment: Fluid couplings are used in mining machinery, such as crushers and conveyors, to protect the drivetrain from shock loads and to enhance equipment reliability.
- Marine Propulsion Systems: In marine applications, fluid couplings are used in propulsion systems to provide smooth engagement of the propeller, protecting the engine and transmission.
- Power Plants: Fluid couplings are utilized in power plants for boiler feed pumps, induced draft fans, and other equipment to achieve smooth operation and prevent sudden stress on mechanical components.
- Steel Industry: In steel mills, fluid couplings are employed in various equipment, including rolling mills and continuous casting machines, to protect the machinery and enhance productivity.
- Automotive: Fluid couplings are used in automatic transmissions to smoothly transmit power from the engine to the wheels, allowing smooth gear changes and preventing driveline shock.
- Wood Processing: In wood processing equipment, such as chippers and saws, fluid couplings are used to protect the equipment from shock loads and to achieve efficient power transmission.
Overall, fluid couplings play a crucial role in a wide range of industrial machinery applications, providing enhanced protection, smoother operation, and increased equipment longevity.
editor by CX 2023-08-08