|1/8″ 1/4″NPT In-line Pipe Thread Plastic Disconnect Fluid Quick Connect Shut Off Threaded Couplings
|Standard flow quick-disconnect couplings require a body and an insert in the same flow size. Plug insert into body to connect fitting and easily disconnect the fitting by simply press the thumb latch.
|medical devices, laboratory, life science, biopharmaceutical, biochemical analysis, bioengineering, circulating water cooling pipe system, water treatment and disinfection, food&beverage, packaging machinery, industrial and hundreds of other applications;
|Seal Ring Material
|Buna-N/FKM/EPDM/Silicone rubber, depend on your usage
|316 Stainless Steel
|32°F – 180°F (0°C – 82°C)
|Vacuum to 100 psi, 6.9bar
|Valved(shut off) or Non-valved (straight through)
|Panel Mount/In-line/Elbow/NPT Threaded;
|Hose Barb Size
|1/16″ =1.6mm (01); 1/8″= 3.2mm (02); 3/16″= 4.8mm (03);
1/4″=6.4mm (04); 5/16″=8mm (05); 3/8″=9.6mm (06);
|1/8″-27NPT, 1/4″-18NPT Male Thread
1/4″ Flow rate, 1/4″(6.4mm), 5/16″(7.9mm), 3/8″(9.5mm) Hose Barb Coupling Insert
Related Products You May Like
1/4″ Flow Rate All Plastic Series Couplings
1/8″ Flow Rate Medium Series Couplings
1/16″ Flow Rate Small Series Couplings
Q1: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A1: We are 15 years factory. Welcome to visit our factory.
Q2:What is your sample policy?
1. Only for terminal manufacturer;
2. Please kindly provide detail information of company for sample application process. Sample is available after confirmed and approved by management;
3.The international freight cost should be paid by the applicant;
Q3:What is your terms of payment?
A3: 100% payment before delivery; T/T 50% as deposit when mass customization, the balance before shipment.
Q4: How about your delivery time?
A4: Generally, it will take about 7-15 days after payment confirmed. The specific delivery time depends on the items and the ordered quantity .
Q5:What’s the shipping way?
A5: Usually by DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx express or as your request.
Q6: Can you produce according to the samples?
A6: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We accept ODM & OEM.
Packaging & Shipping
Our company has specialized in researchs and developments, designs, manufactures, promotes and sales of a variety of plastic fittings, plastic connectors,quick disconnect couplings, check valves, filters, CHINAMFG pumps, solenoid valves,plastic tubings and other accessories applied in fluid systems. Our products are widely used in all kinds of products, machinery,devices and process of liquid and gas pipe system, In the life sciences and special industrial markets have thousands of applications to be used, Such as blood pressure, blood oxygen monitoring module and blood gas recovery equipment, biochemical analysis/inspection equipment, dialysis water treatment equipment, treatment and reuse equipment, breathing anesthesia, incubator, bioengineering and circulating water cooling pipe system, solvent printer, inkjet printer,film printer and ink supply system, water quality online analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, food machinery, fermentation system process equipment, plating equipment, PCB&LCD process equipment, chemical equipment, packaging machinery, water treatment and disinfection equipment, inflatable products, automation equipment…And so on.
Depending on the 15-years experience in various fluidic control systems, our company has had a set of comprehensive manufacturing systems involving in R&D and design, mold manufacture, plastic injection, assembly & inspection, finished-product sales and warehousing logistics. It has many advantages of stable quality, efficient production and punctual delivery, which can be said a trustworthy partner.
Following different requirements from wider customers, including drawings or samples offering, our company can offer satisfied design services and mass customized services.
We’re looking forwards to cooperating with a wide range of OEMs and ODMs.
How does a Fluid Coupling Handle Shock Loads and Torsional Vibrations?
Fluid couplings are designed to handle shock loads and torsional vibrations in power transmission systems due to their unique operating principle:
- Shock Load Handling: When a sudden or high-impact load is applied to the output shaft, the fluid coupling allows a certain degree of slippage between the impeller and the runner. This slippage acts as a buffer, absorbing the shock and protecting the connected machinery from abrupt torque changes. As a result, fluid couplings are effective at preventing damage to the drivetrain and other components during abrupt starts and stops.
- Torsional Vibration Damping: Torsional vibrations can occur in rotating systems, leading to harmful vibrations that can affect the overall stability and performance of the machinery. Fluid couplings help dampen these torsional vibrations by providing a smooth and controlled power transmission. The hydraulic fluid inside the coupling acts as a viscous damper, absorbing and dissipating the energy of torsional vibrations, thus reducing the impact on the connected equipment.
By effectively managing shock loads and torsional vibrations, fluid couplings contribute to improved reliability and reduced wear and tear on the machinery, leading to longer equipment life and enhanced overall performance.
Role of Fluid Coupling in Reducing Mechanical Stress on Connected Equipment
A fluid coupling is a mechanical device used to transmit power between two shafts without direct physical contact. It plays a crucial role in reducing mechanical stress on connected equipment, offering several benefits in various industrial applications. Here’s how a fluid coupling achieves this:
- Smooth Power Transmission: Fluid couplings use hydraulic principles to transmit torque. When the input shaft (driving shaft) rotates, it imparts motion to the fluid inside the coupling. The fluid transmits torque to the output shaft (driven shaft) through the hydraulic coupling, resulting in smooth and gradual power transmission. This eliminates sudden jerks and mechanical shocks that could otherwise lead to increased stress on connected equipment.
- Damping Effect: Fluid couplings act as a damping element, absorbing vibrations and torsional oscillations from the driving shaft. This damping effect helps reduce mechanical stress on connected equipment by mitigating the impact of sudden load changes and torsional vibrations that may occur during start-ups, shut-downs, or varying operating conditions.
- Torque Limiting: In high-load situations, a fluid coupling can provide torque limiting capabilities. When the load exceeds a certain threshold, the fluid coupling slips, preventing excessive torque from reaching the driven shaft. This feature acts as a protective mechanism, preventing overloading and mechanical stress on both the coupling and connected equipment.
- Shock Absorption: In applications where shock loads or overloads are common, a fluid coupling can absorb and dampen the impact of such events. This ability to cushion shocks prevents abrupt changes in torque and rotational speed, reducing mechanical stress and potential damage to the equipment.
- Speed Control: In certain applications, fluid couplings can facilitate speed control of the driven shaft by adjusting the amount of fluid in the coupling. The ability to control the speed of connected equipment without abrupt changes contributes to smoother operation and lower mechanical stress.
By incorporating a fluid coupling into a power transmission system, mechanical stress on connected equipment can be significantly reduced, leading to improved equipment reliability, extended component life, and reduced maintenance costs. Fluid couplings are commonly used in heavy machinery, conveyors, crushers, mining equipment, marine propulsion systems, and various other industrial applications where smooth and controlled power transmission is critical.
It is important to select the appropriate fluid coupling size, type, and features based on the specific application requirements to ensure optimal performance and stress reduction. Regular maintenance and adherence to the manufacturer’s guidelines are essential to preserve the benefits of using fluid couplings and maintain their effectiveness in reducing mechanical stress on connected equipment.
Disadvantages and Limitations of Fluid Couplings
While fluid couplings offer numerous advantages, they also have some disadvantages and limitations that should be considered for specific applications:
- Power Loss: Fluid couplings introduce a power loss due to the slip that occurs during power transmission. This power loss can reduce the overall efficiency of the system, especially in applications with high-speed variations.
- Torque Multiplication: Unlike torque converters, fluid couplings have limited torque multiplication capabilities. They do not provide as much torque increase at low speeds, which may be necessary for certain heavy-load applications.
- Temperature Sensitivity: Fluid couplings are sensitive to temperature changes. In extremely hot or cold conditions, the viscosity of the fluid may vary, affecting the coupling’s performance.
- Fluid Contamination: Contaminants in the fluid can adversely affect the performance and lifespan of the fluid coupling. Regular maintenance and monitoring of the fluid quality are essential to prevent potential issues.
- Speed Limitations: Fluid couplings may have speed limitations in certain applications. High-speed operations can lead to centrifugal forces that may affect the coupling’s behavior.
- Complexity in Control: In some cases, controlling the output speed of the fluid coupling can be more challenging compared to other types of couplings. This complexity may require additional control mechanisms.
- Cost: Fluid couplings can be more expensive than some mechanical couplings, such as belt and chain drives. The initial cost and ongoing maintenance expenses should be considered in the selection process.
Despite these limitations, fluid couplings remain a popular choice in many industrial applications, thanks to their smooth power transmission, overload protection, and torsional vibration damping capabilities. The decision to use a fluid coupling should be based on a thorough understanding of the specific requirements and operating conditions of the machinery or equipment.
editor by CX 2023-11-30