YOX Series Constant Filling Fluid Coupling
It is a hydraulic component of transmission of a kind of power type to the hydraulic coincidence machine of square type. Because its efficiency is high, the structure is simple, can drive load to start steadily , Improve performance of starting, improve kinetic energy strength, have protect function, can isolate sprain shaking and assault, The load of balanced every electrical machinery in many drives chain of electrical machinery, And reduce the impact electric current of the electric netting, So used widely in some aspect, such as mining machinery, chemical industry, metallurgical industry, food, architecture, traffic,etc…
The characteristic and operation principle:
There are YOX type and TVA type 2 series in limit hydraulic coincidence machine of square type in our factory produces, YOX type is formed from initiative and passive parts mainly. The initiative ones include complement, front half is connected with the axle, latter half is connected with the axle, elasticity block,pump wheels and outer cover. passive parts Include the axle and turbine mainly The initiative link with former motives and some passive parts link with working machine.
The structure of TVA type is the same as YOX type basically, but the airtight pattern is adopted outside airtight, Have increased the structure of dismantling and putting.
The torsion of the original motive is transmitted by the job liquid in the coincidence machine. Pump change the kinetic energies into liquid mechanical energies . Turbine turn the kinetic energy of the liquid into the mechanical energy. The axle drives load through exporting. There is not mechanical connection between the wheel of pump and turbine.
Our products range:
+YOTCGP series Variable speed fluid coupling
+YOTCG series Variable speed fluid coupling
+YOTCHP series Variable speed fluid coupling
+YOTCHZ series Variable speed fluid coupling
+YOTCQ series Variable speed fluid coupling
+YOTCHF series Variable speed fluid coupling
+Constant fluid coupling, such YOX, TVA series.
Sample Product Photos:
Production Equipment Photos:
Mainly Cooperation Customer:
Raw material yard, ore beneficiation, sinter plant and pellet, coke oven plant, iron making plant, steel making plant.
Successful Projects Feedback:
Note: We also accept the repair work projects, and provide spare parts for variable speed fluid coupling.
If you have any related projects need our proposal, feel free to contact us.
Contribution of Fluid Coupling to the Longevity of Connected Equipment
A fluid coupling plays a crucial role in enhancing the longevity and protecting the connected equipment by providing the following benefits:
- Shock Load Damping: When the equipment starts or stops, there can be sudden changes in torque, resulting in shock loads. The fluid coupling absorbs and dampens these shock loads, reducing stress and wear on the connected equipment.
- Torsional Vibration Damping: Torsional vibrations can occur during the operation of the connected equipment, which can be damaging over time. The fluid coupling acts as a torsional damper, reducing these vibrations and preventing potential fatigue failure in the equipment.
- Overload Protection: In case of sudden overloads or jamming of the connected equipment, the fluid coupling can slip and decouple the load, protecting both the equipment and the driving motor from excessive stress and damage.
- Smooth Startup: During startup, the fluid coupling allows a gradual increase in torque, enabling a smooth and controlled acceleration of the connected equipment. This eliminates sudden jerks and reduces mechanical stress during the startup phase.
- Load Distribution: The fluid coupling distributes the load evenly across the connected equipment, minimizing wear and tear on specific components and extending the overall lifespan of the machinery.
- Reduced Maintenance: By reducing shock loads and vibrations, the fluid coupling helps decrease the frequency of maintenance and repairs required for the connected equipment, resulting in cost savings and improved uptime.
- Energy Efficiency: The fluid coupling allows for efficient power transmission by reducing losses during startup and load changes. This, in turn, helps in lowering the overall energy consumption of the system and contributes to equipment longevity.
- Contamination Prevention: The fluid coupling encapsulates the driving and driven components, providing a barrier that helps prevent contaminants such as dust, dirt, and moisture from entering the equipment’s internal components. This protection can extend the life of bearings and other sensitive parts.
Overall, a fluid coupling acts as a protective intermediary between the driving motor and the connected equipment, enhancing the system’s reliability, efficiency, and longevity by mitigating the effects of shocks, vibrations, and overloads.
Fluid Couplings for Soft-Start Applications in Conveyor Systems
Yes, fluid couplings are well-suited for soft-start applications in conveyor systems. Soft-starting is the gradual acceleration of the conveyor belt to reduce sudden mechanical stress and current spikes during startup. Fluid couplings provide a smooth and controlled method of power transmission, making them ideal for achieving soft-start capabilities in conveyor systems.
When a conveyor system equipped with a fluid coupling starts, the fluid inside the coupling initially acts as a viscous medium, allowing the input and output shafts to rotate at different speeds. As the fluid coupling fills with fluid, it gradually transmits torque and smoothly accelerates the conveyor belt.
One of the significant advantages of using fluid couplings for soft-start applications is that they provide adjustable startup times. By controlling the amount of fluid inside the coupling, the startup acceleration rate can be precisely tuned to match the specific requirements of the conveyor system.
The soft-start feature offered by fluid couplings helps in several ways:
- Mechanical Stress Reduction: The gradual acceleration minimizes mechanical stress on the conveyor belt, pulleys, and other components, leading to extended equipment life and reduced maintenance costs.
- Energy Savings: Soft-starting prevents sudden current spikes and reduces the power demand during startup, resulting in energy savings and improved efficiency.
- Improved Conveyor Belt Life: By avoiding abrupt starts, the wear and tear on the conveyor belt are reduced, leading to longer belt life and decreased downtime.
- Enhanced Conveyor Control: Soft-start capabilities enable better control over the conveyor system, allowing operators to optimize the material flow and prevent product spillage or jamming.
Fluid couplings offer reliable and cost-effective soft-start solutions for conveyor systems across various industries, including mining, manufacturing, and material handling. They are particularly beneficial when dealing with heavy loads or long conveyor belts, where the avoidance of sudden shock loads is critical.
In summary, fluid couplings are a popular choice for soft-start applications in conveyor systems due to their smooth and controlled power transmission, adjustable startup times, and the ability to reduce mechanical stress and energy consumption during startup.
Controlling Torque and Rotational Speed with Fluid Couplings
A fluid coupling plays a crucial role in controlling torque and rotational speed in power transmission systems. The principle behind its operation allows for smooth torque transmission while offering some level of speed control:
- Torque Transmission: When power is applied to the input side (also known as the driving side) of the fluid coupling, the impeller starts to rotate and accelerates the transmission fluid inside the housing. The kinetic energy of the moving fluid creates a rotating flow pattern that transfers torque to the output side (also known as the driven side) of the coupling. This torque transfer enables the connected machinery or equipment to start smoothly without any shock loading.
- Slip: In a fluid coupling, there is always a slight difference in speed between the input and output sides due to the viscous nature of the fluid. This speed difference is known as slip. The slip allows the fluid coupling to protect the connected components from sudden torque spikes and vibrations. If the output side experiences an abrupt load increase or jam, the slip absorbs the excess torque, preventing damage to the drivetrain.
- Speed Control: While fluid couplings are not as efficient in speed control as variable-speed drives, they do offer some inherent speed control characteristics. The amount of slip in the fluid coupling affects the output speed relative to the input speed. By adjusting the fill level of the fluid coupling or using different fluid viscosities, it is possible to fine-tune the speed at which the output shaft rotates. However, it’s important to note that this speed control is limited compared to other speed control mechanisms.
Overall, fluid couplings provide a reliable and efficient means of controlling torque during power transmission. Their ability to dampen torsional vibrations and provide overload protection makes them suitable for various applications where smooth torque transfer and protection against shock loads are essential.
editor by CX 2023-10-09